Oɓƨcuɾɘɗ Ʀɘaʃiʈy
Welcome to Obscure Reality wolf pack. May we ask are you joining?
Oɓƨcuɾɘɗ Ʀɘaʃiʈy
Welcome to Obscure Reality wolf pack. May we ask are you joining?
Oɓƨcuɾɘɗ Ʀɘaʃiʈy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Time in Role-play
Season in Role Play
November
Latest topics
» .:Dark's Art Corner:.
Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:39 pm by Soul Eater

» Plot Suggestion
Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:52 pm by Litia

» ಞCorlissa's Narniaಞ
Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:18 am by Corlissa

» Cɦaʈ Moɱɘȵʈƨ
Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:27 am by Angel

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 124 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:09 pm
Top posting users this month
No user
Alliances
Wild Sk8ter Pack Thunder Coast Pack Elemental Team Pack
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Old Pack
Our Past
Top posters
Angel
Realistically Role-Playing a Pup EmptyRealistically Role-Playing a Pup I_voting_barRealistically Role-Playing a Pup Empty 
Fenris
Realistically Role-Playing a Pup EmptyRealistically Role-Playing a Pup I_voting_barRealistically Role-Playing a Pup Empty 
Litia
Corlissa
Cleo
Pepsi
Eli
Darkness
Soul Eater
Permafrost
Statistics
We have 29 registered users
The newest registered user is Echo

Our users have posted a total of 6328 messages in 116 subjects
Music

Realistically Role-Playing a Pup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fenris
Grand Elite
Fenris

Wolf Gender : Male
Wolf Status
Strength:
Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Left_bar_bleue0/100Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
Speed:
Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Left_bar_bleue50/100Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Knowledge:
Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Left_bar_bleue0/100Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Empty
PostSubject: Realistically Role-Playing a Pup   Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:59 pm

If you choose to take on the role of role-playing a pup, this guide will help explain what your character can do based on the age in which you choose to make your character.

If you are role-playing a newborn pup, your creativity is limited. They are not yet able to move around much, can't communicate, and often sleep or eat.
Quote :
Neonatal Period
(from birth to 12 - 14 days, when eyes open)
Birth: Born approximately one pound, blind, deaf, darkly furred, small ears, rounded heads, and little if any sense of smell. They are unable to control own body temperature. Their motor capacities are limited to a slow crawl and to sucking and licking. They possess a good sense of balance, taste and touch. Nursing pups feed four or five times a day for periods of three to five minutes. On average, females will gain 2.6 lbs. and males 3.3 lbs. per week for the next fourteen weeks. This time is known as the "period of maximal growth."

Once eyes are opened, you still are limited but role-playing becomes easier. You begin to walk and communicate more and more, widening your abilities in role-play.
Quote :
Transition Period
(eye opening until about 20 - 24 days)
2 weeks: Eyes open and are blue at 11-15 days, but vision is poor. They can start eating small pieces of meat regurgitated by adults. Pups begin to stand, walk, growl and chew.

The next stage in life for pups is much more practical for role-playing, a pup starts to leave the den, eat solid food and their senses become stronger.
Quote :
Socialization Period
(20 - 24 days until about 77 days)
3 weeks: Begin appearing outside the den and romping and playing near the entrance; hearing begins (~27 days, ears begin to raise; ~31 days, ears erect but with tips still flopping); canines and premolar teeth present.
4 weeks: Weigh 5-6 lbs.; grow adult hair around nose and eyes; bodies begin to take on conformation of adults with disproportionately large feet and head; high-pitched howls are gaining strength; mother may go off for hours on end to hunt; dominance and play fighting begin.
5 weeks:Gradual process of weaning begins. Can follow adults up to one mile from den.
8 weeks: Disproportionately large feet and head.
8-10 weeks: Adults abandon den and move pups to rendezvous site; weaning complete, pups can feed on food provided by adults; adult hair becomes apparent on body.
8-16 weeks: Eyes gradually change from blue to whatever color their eyes will be as an adult.

This next step in pup development is ideal for role-players who aren't born in the pack, but joined as lost pups. They are still dependent on adults, but are much more independent.
Quote :
Juvenile Period
(12 weeks to sexual maturity)
12 weeks: Begin to accompany adults on hunting trips and return to rendezvous site by themselves.
3.5 months: Pups will gain approximately 1.3 lbs. per week for the next three months.
4-6 months: Milk teeth replaced; winter pelage becomes apparent.
6 months: Pups begin to accompany adults on hunts; pup appearance nearly indistinguishable from adults.
7 months: The "period of slow growth (27-51 weeks)" begins: the female pups will gain approximately .07 lbs. per week and the male pups will gain approximately .4 lbs. per week; pups begin to travel with pack.
7-8 months: Actively begin hunting.
1 year: Epiphyseal cartilage closes off, marking the end of skeletal growth.
22 months: Sexual maturity.

Note: All text in quotes was used from this webpage, I did not write it. http://www.yellowstonepark.com/MoreToKnow/ShowNewsDetails.aspx?newsid=15[u]
Back to top Go down
https://obscuredreality.forumotion.com
Fenris
Grand Elite
Fenris

Wolf Gender : Male
Wolf Status
Strength:
Speed:
Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Left_bar_bleue50/100Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Knowledge:

Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistically Role-Playing a Pup   Realistically Role-Playing a Pup Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:07 pm

Any questions on what stage your character is in or what it can do, please PM me, and I'll be glad to help.
Back to top Go down
https://obscuredreality.forumotion.com

Realistically Role-Playing a Pup
Page 1 of 1